Develop total competence with the three most common types of long-term vascular access routes with one simple, portable training aid.
External Central Catheter:
- Pre-positioned, surgically placed in the right chest,
- Subcutaneous tunnel is visible up to and just over the clavicle,
- Distinguishable Dacron cuff,
- Distal catheter end is pre-attached to the blood reservoir bag,
Implanted Vascular Access Device:
- Located in the left chest under a specially formulated flap designed to simulate real human tissue,
- Situated over a rigid underlying surface with molded ribs and a recessed area for the interchangeable inserts,
- Three difficult accessing inserts placed either under or over the port to simulate palpating and accessing a port with one of the following types of placements: normal, “tipping”, “wandering”, or “deeply placed”.
Peripheral Placed Central Catheter:
- Located in the rotated, extended, detachable right arm,
- Dual lumen 5FR PICC exits the slightly raised, basilic vein on the right inner biceps,
- Optional peripheral port can be added to the recessed area
- posterior to the PICC insertion site,
- The base of the recessed area is made of soft material that permits the port to “float” when accessed,
- Tissue flap included when placed over the port allows for a realistic feel when palpitating and accessing,
- Pre-positioned 20G IV catheter in the right forearm,
- Catheters are pre-attached to a blood reservoir bag,
- Complete blood draws, heparinization, and fluid infusion while attached or unattached to the torso,
- Right arm peripheral port,
- Subclavian, Triple lumen, and Jugular catheter.
Complete Chester Chest Unit Includes:
- Life-size adult torso,
- Tunneled central catheter 9.6 FR,
- Outer tissue pad for left chest,
- Real port (IVAD),
- 3 difficult accessing inserts,
- Advanced Arm (SB45082U; also sold separately),
- Dual lumen PICC 5FR,
- Recessed area for optional peripheral port,
- 20 G IV catheter,
- Blood reservoir bags,
- Talc (cornstarch).
Notify me when available
We will send you a notification as soon as this product is available again.