Emergency First Aid (Ed.20) | HLTAID003
2020 Release | Edition 20
Australia's best-selling interactive First Aid learner guide, featuring over 30 QR coded videos throughout the text.
Using QR code technology, this book also becomes a video library making learning more enjoyable.
Author, John Haines is an ex MICA Flight Paramedic with over 30 years experience in First Aid provision and teaching and this book is seen as the book for delivery of tuition in First Aid Australia wide.
Mapped to HLTAID003 Provide first aid (Australian Nationally Accredited unit) for compliance, this book meets ASQA audit requirements.
New in Edition 20
Improved information on infection control, including:
- addition detail on hand wash technique
- addition of coronavirus and COVID-19
- addition of meningitis and septicaemia
Changes in the Trauma chapter include:
- additional warning of the priority of life-threatening bleeding over airway management
clearer information under bleeding from the ear
- addition of tooth avulsion
- clearer warnings under chemical burns re bitumen and phosphorus
- additional information on adrenaline, including the storage temperature range
- inclusion of the 2020 ASCIA Action Plans
- additional information on storage temperature range for salbutamol
- updated example asthma management plan and example action plan for asthma
Plus many other general improvements to terminology, punctuation, images and layout.