Drug & Alcohol Educators Pack
Almost 1 in 5 people aged 14 or older consumed more than 2 standard drinks per day on average, exceeding the lifetime risk guidelines. 1 in 4 (26%) had, on at least 1 occasion per month, consumed alcohol at a level placing them at risk of injury.
Currently, an estimated 15% of Australians have used an illicit drug in the past 12 months and 42% have used an illicit drug in their life time.
Cannabis, ecstasy, methamphetamine and cocaine were the most commonly used illicit drugs.
Educate your students on the importance of understanding and recognising drug and alcohol abuse with these training aids.
- The Consequences of Drug Abuse 3-D Display
The eight permanently affixed, hand-painted organ models in this display send one clear message: Drug abuse leads to damage, devastation, and death. Each model is accompanied by a description of the serious condition it represents, including heart attack, stroke, HIV/AIDS, hepatitis, vein damage, kidney damage, violence, and birth defects. Display comes in its own self-contained carrying case, facilitating storage and transport. 96cm x 68.5cm opened.
- Drugs and Alcohol Clever Catch Ball
- Toss this ball around as a way to introduce the difficult topic of substance abuse in a fun way. Features more than 30 questions about how drugs and alcohol can affect health and lifestyle. Includes instructions and answer guide.
- Hazards of Alcohol 3D Framed Chart
- Present the risks associated with alcohol use with the 3-D models on this chart. Hand-painted, anatomically accurate models highlight organs damaged by alcohol and clear concise text explains each hazard. 52cm x 66cm
- Pickled Liver Model
- The BIOLIKE 2 liver model floating ominously in this specimen jar beside a model of a pickle shows the long-term effects of cirrhosis—scar tissue and nodules cover its surface like giant scales. The message is simple: With the liver unable to function normally, death is imminent. Great for raising awareness of one of the many dangerous consequences of alcohol abuse
- GR84Life Learner Guide (10 copies)
- A useful resource on a range of life and life-threatening topics including drugs and alcohol. Provides readers with the knowledge of what to do in various situations or where to seek help.