Diabetes Educators Pack
Diabetes is the epidemic of the 21st century and the biggest challenge confronting Australia’s health system. Around 1.7 million Australians have diabetes. This includes all types of diagnosed diabetes (1.2 million known and registered) as well as silent, undiagnosed type 2 diabetes (up to 500,000 estimated).
Understanding diabetes and its seriousness is important.
Educate your students on the importance of understanding diabetes with these training aids.
- The Consequences of Diabetes 3-D Display
Educate your audience about the importance of proper diabetes management, and raise awareness of potential health consequences when diabetes is not properly controlled. This eye-catching display features eight permanently affixed, handpainted models that depict heart disease, stroke, nerve damage, artery damage, eye disease, kidney disease, and more. Display is contained within its own sturdy carrying case, making it conveniently portable. 96cm x 68.5cm opened.
- 4-Piece Diabetes Model
Reveal the effects of diabetes by showing how vascular damage harms several major organs. Features detailed, sectioned models of Bowman's capsule (kidney), artery, nerve, and eye. Includes informative key card.
- Diabetic Injection Pad
- This pad that looks and feels like human skin is ideal for diabetic instruction and injection practice. May be worn on the body in specific locations (stomach, thigh, upper arm) to allow patients to inject fluid into the pad to practice giving themselves injections. Pad is thick enough to accept all insulin needles. For safety purposes, the oval pad has a hard plastic backing to prevent the needle from poking through the pad and into the wearer’s skin. Has a wide nylon strap with an adjustable plastic buckle.
- Foot Care Kit
- Unhealthy Foot Care Kit
- An unhealthy foot model to help teach the importance of proper foot care and nutrition to people with diabetes. This foot replica shows the distal end of the foot with an invasive wound on the bottom of foot and surface inflammation around the big toe and second toe. Life-size foot constructed of soft, lifelike material with flexible toes.
Diabetes Toss-Up Ball
- Diabetic Foot TearPad
- Explains common diabetic foot problems in a clear and easy-to-understand format. Emphasizes eating properly and keeping blood glucose under control. The front side explains common foot problems and the back side gives tips on how to care for feet, highlighting some of the do’s and don’ts.
- Carb Counting TearPad
- These sheets have foods from each of the food groups as well as fats and sweets displayed as examples of one-carb servings with information identifying about 15 grams as being one carb unit. The back gives general information about counting carbs. There is a place to personalize directions for the specific patient being counseled. Give them a daily calorie target and daily carb allowance. Has ample room for patients to record food intake for a week.
Notify me when available
We will send you a notification as soon as this product is available again.